Sunday, February 24, 2008

Flying, fire and following up

February is a short month even with it being a leap year this year. However I still have a hard time with how fast things are flying by. It seems that the older I get the faster they go. I can remember being fresh into the Navy and thinking to myself, that my 5 year commitment was forever down the road. Then before I knew it, I was on a plane to Norfolk, Va. to do my outprocessing and the past 5 years meerly seemed like a blink of an eye.

I am steadily approaching July in which it will be four years upon being discharged. Where does the time go really? Do any of you have this same experience? As for me, I am just trying to enjoy everyday life and not get overwhelmed in thinking of the future and where I will be in another 4 years. Honestly because I had no idea 4 years ago where I would be today.

************************************************

Here is a rundown on some folks that I have gathered from various sources.
Shawn is back on the bike, moving and is staying stateside. MLA is older and wiser and attempting to go see Elton. Em is running around good ol' Farmington and having difficulty leaving comments. Tala is a nocturnal creature. Autumn finally had a weekend off and for some reason showed up on her day off. Lastly and unfortunately on friday a restaurant in downtown durango burned down and took the buildings on either side of it as well. Click here to see the video that the news crew caught on film. Or here for a longer version. Oh yeah I hate spammers that the leave bs comments on here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amos,

I do feel the same way about time, I thought it only happened to those of us with children, glad to know I am not the only one. Was successful in scoring Elton John tickets, the concert was AWESOME!!!!! Would go see him again. KMA and I went. Our seats were about 1/4 away from the stage.
He is still a great performer for being 60.
Have a great weekend and Thanks for the birthday call.

MLA