Monday, March 03, 2008

Othello and Elton

My dad turned 51 this past saturday and my brother and I attempted to take him and my mother to eat up in Durango at one of our favorite restaurants. Unfortunately, it seemed that everybody in the area had the same idea and horded upon Steamworks. So with an outrageous line we settled for something simplier yet very tasty in its own way. As I believe I have metioned before the smoked turkey is hard to beat at Serious and saturday was no different.

In true Farmington fashion, this weather is back and forth. Saturday had blue skies and a temp that nearly reached 70. Sunday, the wind brought clouds and a bitter cold as it blew. The high was only 40. It actually spit snow at us a few times but nothing really threatening. Today warmed up to maybe 50 but the wind still reared it's head and hung on for another day. I am curious as to what we will see tomorrow.

On a ridiculous note but a proud one at that, I was finally able after many failed attempts, to win a game of Othello with no help in any way. The margin wasn't of great proportion but it was a victory nonetheless.

On another flipside, I hope that the Olin's completed their move A-OK. Also, even they are going to be occupying a former filthy batchelor pad, I wish it to be better than the ant infestation they formerly dealt with. Hopefully it will help Shawn's frustration with Carl Edwards winning two weeks in a row. I am headed out of town on friday for a whole week and a day but I will do my best inbetween laundary and packing to share some more with you hopefully before I leave. Possibly while I am gone I hope to give an update but I do not know what my net access will be like. However I will take a notepad and my camera and update when I return. TaTa for now and I wish that I could have joined M and K to Elton's concert!! Also, don't forget to help out the girls and yourself as you buy and indulge on some girl scout cookies!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! new you could do it, babe!