Thursday, January 24, 2008

Beginning and ending

Well on Tuesday I started a new job with another compression company. So far I have only been doing some safety classes and working in the shop. So I have had the privilege of not showing up to work until 0730 and getting off at 1700. Not to mention only having to drive 10 minutes one way vs. 2 hrs one way with the previous company. Everyone at the new place seems really laid back and are nice to be around. I sure do like things so far and so happy that I am there.

We woke up to 2 inches of snow this morning!! It was nice to see but in true Farmington fashion it was mostly all gone by 1400. At least the storm only brought snow and not insane freezing temperatures as before. I guess it is supposed to snow a bit more tonight.

A little bit of dissapointment happened this past weekend as well though. Well for the previous 4 years on this specific MLK Jr. weekend I was able to go somewhere in which I had never been. Unfortunately with me inbetween jobs at the time, I wasn't able to carry things on for the fifth year. It is a little dissapointing but I promised to make it up to myself and fulfill the visit of somewhere new later on in the year. It more than likely won't be Stockholm, Sweden as the first year brought but I will welcome it just as happily. I wish for all of you as well to not let your dreams get pushed away or forgotten because of bumps in the road.

I am not sure what CJH, SPO or MLA have been up to lately but I sure would love to hear from them again soon. I am not limiting my hopeful contacts to just those three. So if you fill the need along with them, I would be ecstatic to hear from you as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if you could have wrnt somewhere for MLK Jr. where would you have gone?

Ace said...

I am not really sure where I would have gone. Surprsingly enough all of the previous trips just happened. The planning was mainly last minute. I will tell you though that I do have a few places definitely lined out for later on on the year...