Monday, January 28, 2008

And Counting...

Today was my fifth day at the new job. Up through today all I had mainly done was tear engines down to the blocks and send them off for treatment for the turnaround of rebuilding them. Well today a coworker and myself finally rebuilt one from nothing. It was pretty interesting since it was my "first time".

Well my fifth day made it five days and counting that the supervisors have taken us out to lunch. They have already said that it will not last because we will not be in the shop forever. Which is a good thing because eating out sure has it's effects on you and often those are unwelcome. I can't complain though, I am working for some great folks and am actually happy to get up every morning and go to work.

Lastly, I have to give a shout out to my friend who just found out that he is going to Afghanistan for one year in July. I know he is not a fan of the war but I still hold him in high regards as I don't see him pulling some cheap stunt to get out of it as others in the Military have done. Of course I do not know anyone personally that has done an act to avoid the war or deployment but have heard my fair share of stories. I wish him well in his preperation and my best goes to his family during his absence.

No comments: