Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What do you think?

Please let me know if I am being selfish or have a legimate argument here...

Well late last week, My co-workers boyfriend/significant other's mother passed away. They are not married but have been together for several years. I understand she pretty much is part of the family and what have you but New Mexico is not a common law state. Well with the passing, my boss has made comments to me that he plans on sending flowers to the family. I am not quite sure that he has done so or not as of yet. The funeral is scheduled for Friday and my co-worker is planning on taking off early tomorrow as well. There are only the three of us in the office so we are a close knit group.

So my question is, if my boss comes to me and wants to include me with having me sign a card or whatever, should I do it? The reason I ask is because I actually had a BLOOD/LEGAL RELATIVE pass away this past December with my grandfather. Well needless to say, my family never received anything from my two co-workers back then nor was I ever asked If I needed anything or where they could send flowers to my family. If my boss was to come up to me at this exact moment, I would have to turn him down and ask not to be included upon how I was treated. I have already received a few different responses but I would like to know what you think. Regardless of which view you have on it.

*****************************************************************************
On another note, summer is in full swing and I couldn't be happier. I have been keeping my evenings consistent with walks along the river. Camping season is starting for me next weekend and I can't wait. Here are some pic's I took last night along my walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they shouldn't send flowers or a card. If they really want to show they care they should show up at the funeral.

As far as you're family not recieving any condolences, there's a lot of possible explanations...

Maybe they don't see you as the type of person who would want or need a hallmark card or piles of flowers when a family member dies.

Maybe they were lazy. Since its such a small group I doubt it was a popularity thing. (and because youre Famous Amos, the amazing blogger of all home appliances, obviously the most popular person in any group)

No sense dwelling on any of this, you were wronged for whatever reason. If you choose not to be included, that's fine. Im sure they would appreciate you going to the funeral though, and just buying a cards ands some flowers is worse than doing nothing.