Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Shake Rattle and Roll...

...used to be the story every time I did a load of laundry. Click here to catch up on the story.

Anyways, A while back I was passing my neighbors house and noticed that she had a washer sitting outside of her garage. It was outside for a day or so and then it was gone. Knowing that mine was not in the best of shape and on a rapid decline, I had meant to get over there and ask about it. Having noticed that it was gone quickly I assumed that she had gotten rid of it and left it at that.

As I was driving home this afternoon, my neighbors garage door was open and low and behold their was the washer! So I quickly pulled into my drive and walked the three houses to her house. She told me that her niece had moved to Oklahoma and did not have room to take it with her, so she ended up with it. I asked her if she had a need for it and if I could take it off her hands. She was almost excited to get rid of it as I was to take it. Infact probably more so than I was. She offered it to me for $20 and I quickly obliged. I told her that I was on my way to the bank and she said no hurry and bring it by whenever. She even let me use her dolly to wheel it home.

So after running a test run to clean it out and to make sure all is well, I couldn't be any happier. It is extremely quiet compared to the last and no more leaking and squeaking. I am living good in the neighborhood!

The old machine after moving it out
The "new to me" machine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amos,
I find it hilarious that not only have you written a blog about your new washer, you have managed to make the story interesting. I lol'd at you for putting up pictures of your new washer while it was running