Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Not so Private

The other day I came home to find that some car had parked in front of my house and just at the edge of my driveway. At first I just blew it off and took it as one of the many idiots that frequent my street. Well that evening the same car arrives and parks in the same spot. I then thought it was just someone who was visiting a neighbor of mine. As I was leaving the next morning for work, I was surprised to see the car there again. At lunch time I returned home to the car being present and running. I was a little annoyed at this point because I had to be cautious as I entered my drive because of his parking job. As I exited my vehicle the car was off. I found this to be a little odd but went inside to eat something. As I left to return to work, the car was running again. So as I backed out of the drive I made an attempt to look in the car's windows but to no avail due to the dark tint. He was again present as I returned from work.

From my home I watched the car for a while before it finally left. The next morning as I was leaving the car pulled up and parked. It kind of boggled me but I blew it off and headed to work. As I returned home for lunch the car was parked in the same location and running. This time I noticed that there was a sunshield in the front windshield so visibility in and out was blocked. Again as I left my truck and headed inside and the vehicle was turned off. Halfway thru my lunch I returned to my truck for something only to find the car still parked and running. As I left to return to work the car was off again and upon leaving I took the plate number down. I proceeded by calling the non emergency police line to report a suspicious vehicle, due to the fact that I finally caught on that this guy was watching someone and was learning their schedules. The lady that took my call made a report and took my info. She dispatched an officer to check it out. About 20 minutes later I received a phone call from the officer that was dispatched and he informed me that the car was a private investigator that had been hired locally. He had all of his credentials which the officer confirmed. The funny thing is, since then, that car or no other suspicious vehicles have been seen. I wonder if he thought his cover was blown? Or was it......?

My ultimate question is, Who was he watching? I mean where he was parked and with his windshield covered his visibility of the surrounding area was greatly compromised. Was he spying through his rearview mirror?

No comments: