Saturday, July 08, 2006

How did that happen?

Hey there I am truly sorry that it has been over a week already since I put anything here.... It makes it look like some other pages that don't get updated too often. I guess it really does not matter since I do not have a fan base like them.

Anyways, I went camping on monday for the 4th. I love the mountains!!! Hung out in Silverton most of tuesday and watched the spectacular fireworks show they put on. I tell you nothing beats fireworks in the mountains! The only down part of the trip was not getting home until 12:30 that night and having to be at work at 7 on wednesday.

I survived the week and am happy it is over. Today I met up with Chris at 5 am, and then it was off to the moutains again. The clouds and rain have been looming the past few days but we wanted a chance to conquer. We were on the trail by 8:30, and came across some great abandoned mines. It is amazing to see the machinery that was hauled up there way back in the day. We climbed for 2 hrs before we decided that we needed to head back down before the visibility was worse then the 20 feet or so we were at. We made it back to the truck with only minimal showers and huge smiles.

We are hoping the weather is better next weekend, so that we may be able to summit what we start. Once again I am truly sorry for it being so long. I am really keeping my eyes open for inspiration and will not let this happen again. Thanks to Maigh for helping me through the week with her daily's and just being the great writer she is.

Talk to you guys tomorrow, hope your weekends are all great.

No comments: