Thursday, June 29, 2006

TM's

Are you on the list? Well as of the other day I wasn't. Christina helped to change all that.
A few evenings back I was at home after a hard days work and enjoying dinner when the phone rang. I answered it only to find Christina on the other end. Christina is a telemarketer that works out of Tampa Bay, FL. I cannot remember what she was trying to sell or get me to sign up for, but as she was blabbing away I had a bright idea.

At this point I decided that I wanted to be the one to ask the questions and be the annoying one. So I started out by asking her name and where she was calling from. She mentioned the above. I continued on by telling her that I would be taking a business trip to Tampa the upcoming week and asked if she might like to meet up for dinner or drinks while I was there. The other end was silent for a few seconds and then I heard an, uugggghhhh maybe. I know I had the upper hand at this point. So I fed on it.

I told her that I was sharing time with her away from work and asked as to why she would not do the same for me. Again she came back with another ugh.... So I hastily asked for her number and I told her I would call her when I arrived in Tampa. She flat out told me that she did not know me, and did not feel comfortable meeting or giving out her number. I responded, if you are not willing to do that, what makes you think that I want to be talking to you at this moment. Then I hung up. Unfortunately she has not called back and I never was scheduled to go to Tampa.

Hope you all had a good day and an even better uninterrupted evening. Thanks for reading.

No comments: