Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Unfortunate and inconvienent

I was due to hit the road for the strip or in other words "Sin City" on the 12th but my truck had other plans for me.

It started on Sunday the 9th, when all of a sudden my truck had some what a mind of its own. Or in this case I should say my transmission. I was driving down the road and out of now where it just kicks out of gear. My truck is an automatic by the way. Anyways, as I suddenly panic as there are cars behind me as I cease to accelerate, my instincts quickly take over and I attempt to change gears via the column shifter. When that failed as well as putting it into neutral and back in gear did, I slam it into 4 wheel drive and bam! it works and I start my way down the road. Although It worked, I quickly headed home which luckily was only about 3 blocks away.

I knew I had a serious problem on my hands but was not aware how severe it was on the gearing, as well as on my wallet. I ended up borrowing a friends trailer and my parents lent me their truck. I hauled it to a highly recommended mechanic and started the waiting game. With having to order parts and me having to get some money together, It was gone for close to a week and a half. So needless to say, after driving my parents truck and me having to wait to see what the bill came to, I made the decision to not head to Vegas and hang with friends and see some dirt racing at LVMS. There were 219 modifieds alone for the weekend! Anyways, I ended up spending $1400. Which cut out my trip to Seattle for Thanksgiving. Denver for my upcoming birthday weekend. And last but not least my Christmas fund...

Oh well I will make things work somehow. At least it happened while I was still at home and not half way to Vegas in the middle of no where, with no cell signal. Hopefully I will make it to Vegas next year. Now comes the decision of holding onto my truck or going for a new in the very near future...

At least I pulled it with another Ford. Regardless it was sad to see my truck broke down like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Blows

TimeTrialGuy said...

Sux bro. Sorry.