Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tubes are black not green

Tonight I was attempting to replace a tube on my road bike, as well as get some new tires on the wheels. The tires are 23's and they sure are a tight fit!! Well I really was trying to be as gentle as possible and taking all the steps I had been taught and learned. For some reason though I am really having a tough time with getting the tire to seat properly and keep the tube out of the way as I stretch the tire over the wheel. Well needless to say I have been defeated tonight and will have to wait until tomorrow to pick up some new tubes and try again. Thanks to Shawn for lending some advice. I wish today would have been St. Patrick's day so I could have had a legitimate excuse for pinching 2 tubes!! One of them I somehow managed to have pinched in 2 different areas. Check it out!


No comments: