Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Moving Forward

As 2007 is in the past and we move onto 2008, I have to look back. I had some wonderful times and some that I wish to never repeat again. If only I had the power to control that. No matter what we do in life, we are always going to come across those bad times. It's part of what makes us who we are presently and into the future.

One lesson I learned the hard way, was that you can give someone everything you possibly can, yet it is not the one thing they need most of all. It is different for each person based on the experiences that have come their way. I have come across those that have it worse than I do and those that have it much better. As I sit and think about it, I can honestly say that I am happy with my life. Of course everything has not gone the way I would have liked or planned. However, with everything that has been served to me, I am wiser and better off because of those things.

As time continues to pass, my dreams, hopes, expectations and priorities change. Some out of necessity and others from the road I have taken down the walk of life. Life is not easy at times and I constantly wonder where I will be in 10 years from now. 2007 ended poorly for me but a big part was that I let it end that way. Yes, I may have been rejected but I carried the rejection too far. I didn't carry on with my life so easily as she did. That was the hardest part.

So my New Years resolution is to turn things around in my life. I want to be happy again and enjoy my everyday life. There are alot of changes I need to make in order for that to happen. I am going to give it my all though and I appreciate all of you that give me support. I am tired of making excuses for my downfalls. I am the main source of them and need to stop blaming others for them. Of course I can make a change in my life on any day not just New Years. It just worked out conviently for me. I know that not everyday will be "sunny" but I need to chase those "cloudy" days away more often so that they do not over come my daily life as I have allowed in the past.

Thank you to all of you, whether you have brought happiness or heartache. I am better off today because of what you have been to me. I hope you all strive to make it a better year also. Good luck and never stop moving forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amos,

Happy Belated New Year to you!!!!

What a great way to start the new year by putting your life in perspective. Stay with this resolution and get to that happy place again. It will happen, but you have to let it.