Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Blah...

I don't have much to say. This week sure has been a rough one so far and I am really looking forward to seeing Friday morning arrive. Starting last Friday night I have been working on call nights. I have not had to work during the day at all but the nights sure have been one heck of a time. I have been out working pretty much all night every night. Thursday night into Friday morning is the end of my turn. Then the next guy will have the joy of having the task. Funny thing though, is that I doubt he will have as much fun or misery as I have had. Just like they say with anything the first time is always the hardest.

On another note of me working way out in the middle of nowhere with all the animals and such is the risk of hitting one. Every night I have seen a large number of elk and deer hanging out next to the road. Well on Monday night, I was driving slow and passing some tall bushes when all of a sudden a cow elk jumped out in the road in front of me. She was really spooked and going back and forth in the middle of the road. I did everything I could to avoid hitting her but fate intervened and we collided. Her rear leg got busted up pretty good but she managed to get up and walk away. Sad thing is, I know that she won't make it long and wouldn't be surprised if she has already been overcome by a predator.

Well with my super driving skills, I managed to not do total damage to my work truck. I got two tiny dents on my passssenger door but are hardly noticeable. The worst was that my passenger mirror got ripped off in the process. I have already gotten it replaced even. The thing that is most upsetting about this is that I had my camera with me but I was so caught up in the moment that I did not take any pictures!! I hope I do not have a repeat of this incident but incase I do, I will get pictures next time. ( for those of you who don't know, a cow elk is a female and a bull elk is a male.)

Well here are some pic's of the mountains, some wild horses and a drilling rig flaring the hole after drilling has been completed. Sorry, I have such a difficult time holding the camera still. I don't know what my problem is. Sometimes it's like I was using a stationery tripod and others it's like I was trying to take pictures in a tornado.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amos,

Sorry to here about you encounter with the cow elk. Good thing is you were not injured and your truck survived the hit with minor damage. The pictures are great, Karyn would be so excited to see the wild horses. Jena calls horses cows, I am still trying to get her correct on that one. You are on call this week and I am on duty. What the heck!!!!!!

Take Care and be safe out there,
MLA

Anonymous said...

Dude, no pictures?
You always get the best pictures:
Dishwasher
Haircut
Bike
Bear
Snow
Contact Lenses
Rattle Snakes

You finally get some roadside dinner and you've got nothing to show for it but two tiny dents on the door???

Oh well I can understand, but that wouldve been excellent.