Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Where do I start?

Well things have been quite the whirlwind of events since my last post.

Last night my first love went away to a new home. It was a great stead and hated to let it go but at least it will do more than sit and collect dust as was the case at my abode. I rode her one last time before leaving it and it almost felt as good as the first time I ever threw my leg over her. I have to give serious props to Cody and Shawn for the "devirginization".

On another happier note, I got a new job and couldn't be any happier to be starting something new. The serious pay increase sure helps out alot as well. I am starting on the 23rd and have yet to give my notice. It would help if my supervisor was in the office though, so I could do it.

My 4th of July was great again as it always seems to be now that I am back home. It was spent up in the mountains in Silverton, Colorado. They have the best fireworks show ever! The booms are 3 times as loud as the echoes are trapped by the mountains that completely surround Silverton. I was on vacation that whole week and it was wonderful. My only problem now is that I really do not want to be back at work and have little motivation with me being so enthused with moving on to bigger and better opportunities.

I also have to point this out, I find out hilarious that I am seeing on yahoo everyday daily updates from the Tour de France on their home page. Correct me if I am wrong but this is the first year that I have seen this, without having to go to the home page and then on to the sports page. Even at that they are giving in depth reports about a variety of topics. I have to remind myself that I am not reading cyclingnews or something. It's pretty humorous because I am pretty certain that every American in the Tour this year has been in the Tour for the last 5 years and most more than that. It wasn't receiving this recognition through the "Lance Years". So I have to assume all this has come about from the mess of last year with Floyd Landis, especially since it is still ongoing.

I am going to have to dig out alot of old pictures and make an ode to the Perna...I already miss it. Shout to Shawn as he is a batchelor at the moment and to Mary as I hope that she enjoyed her vacation.

One last picture before I whisked her away to a new home.

No comments: