Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Iron Horse Classic '07

This past weekend was the annual Iron Horse Bicycle Classic in Durango. The road race was on saturday and the crit was on sunday. I skipped watching saturday's event and opted for sunday's event, so that I could actually see the riders more than just a few moments as is the case of the road race.

The Pro Men's crit started out decently with a few early attacks by several riders but none of them stuck. That is until 2/3's into the race, former USPRO Champion and one of Durango's own attacked for the second time and never looked back. Chris Wherry that is. After that the race turned boring as Wherry destroyed everybody. I was happy to see some top level racing however. Check out my pic's here.

They also had a cruiser crit and the paricipants sure made it a pleasure to watch. See them here. I know I need to start adding titles and captions to my photos and I promise that that work is in motion...

No comments: