Sunday, September 17, 2006

Getting colder

This was the lovely temperature at 9 a.m. as I headed off on my ride. I am glad that I grabbed some necessary items before heading out. 35 miles on a mountain bike gave us enough time to warm up and enjoy the day and ride. I have not been on a ride that long or that far in quite sometime. It took us a while to complete(which I won't confess), even though we did not push it too much, but rather enjoyed the scenery. I had forgotten how it feels to spend that much time in the saddle but definitely want to repeat it again very soon, and before it gets bitterly cold. I am sure that it is going to be one heck of a winter, with snow already on the mountains.

These are the La Plata's which are just west of Durango. The peaks only have snow but that will soon change. I could also see the mountains north of Durango, which have a substantial higher snow level. I am looking forward to winter, but definitely will miss summer.

No comments: