Monday, July 10, 2006

Straw

I guess I didn't have to wait to make my decision but it became clear today. Yes, I received that last piece of straw that broke the camel's back.

Today I was busy staring at my flippin' screen when the secretary walked in. She had my time card from last week in her hand and then asks if I had worked last tuesday. I said no, that was the 4th. She then goes on by saying that I do not get paid for holidays since I am not truly employed by the company. I understand that but think about it, it is a bunch of crap!

After returning from my hiatus in Seattle they told me that if I worked for one month as a temp they would hire me on. That was early February and here I am like an idiot waiting, and for what...? I have been back for 6 months and have not gotten anywhere with these guys. So just as they don't care, I have quit caring. It's quite humorous how they can send me to Phoenix 3 times for training. Also to Milwaukee and forward me money on my trips. Yet have difficulty or not wanting to bring me on permanently. They have given me a cell phone to "use as my own" and also a key to the place. I may use any of the tools or packaging materials. C'mon now, this totally is not making sense.

Well I am not exactly sure how much longer I will lead them on but it is constantly on my mind. I smile about the day that I show up and say, "Take this job and shove it, I ain't workin' here no more".

Happy Monday and hope your week is better than mine.

No comments: