Monday, July 31, 2006

Home Again

Happy Birthday Patricia!

Well I made it back from my vacation and am happy to be home. Although was not happy to wake up this morning for work. I guess you can't have it all.

Baker City, Oregon is a very nice town even if there is not much there. I could see myself retiring in a town like that. It has mountains close by and to me that is all that matters. I came across some great roads to ride on but unfortunately did not have my bike. Hopefully I can change that next time.

Went camping up at Olive Lake just north of Baker and tried my best to prune myself as often as possible in the lake. Luckily, I also found a small cliff to jump off of. It was very pleasing, even if it was only about 12 feet or so high.

From there it was on to Twin Falls, ID and time with JM's family. I really enjoy hanging out with them. They have been very gracious to me and I appreciate the hospitality. I was really wanting to get on the tractor at Greg & Patty's but fought the urge to ask. I do want to go back and work the farm sometime if I get the chance.

Survived the 12 hour drive yesterday, and was fortunate passing through Salt Lake. I was really needing to use the loo and so happened that the exit I took was the one that my store was on. I managed to get out of there with no damage but with 2 shirts that were on clearance.

A good time was had by all, and it was great being able to spend a little time with Juan. I am also exstatic that I was reunited with Milton, my long lost favorite from Napoli. Thank you Costco.

No comments: