Thursday, September 04, 2008

Infatuation or Greediness?

Tonight after putting it off for so long, I took on the task of counting my bucket of change. I have always had a fascination with getting it filled to the brim before taking it to be cashed in. Of course I have never succeeded at it, either because I came up with something to spend it on or just became over anxious with it. Well I am so close at filling it up that I am sure I can hold out until that day arrives. Even though I get the thrill of taking it in to the bank, just the same as if it is Christmas morning and I am walking into the living room to open presents.

Of course every time, I walk in with my bucket I always receive stares from people, as if they are saying how childish to be walking in with your "adult piggy bank". It's also if they are saying that coins are a waste of time... For me however, I see the penny left behind in a parking lot as bringing my bucket level that closer to the brim.

Call it what you will but with my present amount at $167.13, I think I will have the last laugh as I walk through the bank lobby to cash it. Of course the amount will be greater by that point...

My change bucket, which was a previous beer pitcher

What $113 looks like in quarters

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry didn't comment before! I have been training. Yeh, rode again on the reduced Team here. Awards for the Circuito are next month.
You are right on with the coin collection and some of those other characters riding (or those triathlon geeks) out there! It's not the bike as much as the rider as you saw here in Bella Napoli where everything and everyone is good as far as the riding goes.
You're welcome to hang out here in our Pension, eat pizza, mozzarella and vino and ride in the real cycling world! Ciao!