Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ouch!!

Here is a recap of the bludgeoning of my finger last weekend. Well we had a short amount of time in between races on Saturday night and we had some setup changes to make. So after hurrying and changing out the left rear shock and me throwing the tire back on as the Garrett was getting in the car. My finger was just enough on the backside of the wheel that it got smashed between it and the brake caliper. I seriously wanted to drop everything at that moment and stand back for a moment but I didn't have a moment. So after Garrett had pulled away and I had a minute, I was able to view the carnage.

These are from Sunday evening after draining the stagnant blood out from underneath my nail.



Garrett managed to end up 7th with some very fierce out of town competition. He raced nearly 29 out of 30 laps with little visibility. Because on lap one as he was going to tear off a tear off a car whipped right in front of him and instead of just grabbing one, he grabbed them all. So he had to try and wipe the mud from his shield everytime he went down the straight away and still race the car. So we can't complain that much. We just hope for better luck this Saturday.

No comments: