Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Loss, A Win and some logs among other things...

For those people that have an interest in such things as horsepower and racing, I'm sure you have already heard the terrible news of Scott Kalitta and his horrific crash that lead to his death. Read the story here. I started to add a link to the video of the crash but after seeing it personally and with respect to the family and crew I decided against it. All I can say is that I hope he died instantly. If you so wish you can look up the video yourself but I really have to warn you with how disturbing it is. With that being said, I know we take risks everyday of all different statures but I want to say that life has no promises of anything except change. So as I have said previously, make every day count and I am happy to know you guys. Even for those that may read this that I do not know, you hold importance to alot of people as well, so you are not left out either.

On a brighter note, I was back out at Aztec Speedway last night pitting for my friend Garrett Higgins. The night started off well, with Garrett winning his heat race. He said on the last lap of the heat though that the car got a nasty vibration all of a sudden. So as we prepared the car for the main event, we gave it a good look over and luckily found the problem. The U Joints on the rear of the driveline had nearly all sheared off and it was just hanging on by a thread. So upon changing out the drivelines and making our adjustments Garrett was in the car and lined up ready to race. Right away he jumped into second place after starting in fifth. He was there for the first fifteen laps of twenty five before deciding to give it his all and took the lead and never looked back. It was a good night and the races were done by 10:30.

A different event that I wish that I could have been there to watch would have been this. Maybe next year...What do you think of it?

As I close I have to say have a good week to all and make it count.

1 comment:

emily and Nate said...

nothing like spending a summer at the race track! I've enjoyed reading your blog.