Sunday, November 11, 2007

Squawker #2

Today was the second annual squawker 'cross race in Durango. It was the first year being a UCI Race and the turnout of racers was a decent one. I arrived shortly after the men's race started and was exstatic when I saw the riders who were battling it out. Todd Wells, Troy Wells, Geoff Kabush, Joey Thompson, Brady Kappius, Danny Summerhill, Joachim Parbo, Tad Elliot and a few others. Todd Wells took the win, with Kabush following and Joey Thompson taking third.

I hung around for the mens and womens podium presentation upon the completion of the races. I even had the privilege of chatting with Kristin Danielson for a bit. I may have even held up her podium time a bit. Anyways, she was a sweet person and a pleasure to talk to. She said Tom is doing well but his shoulder is going to be a long process but things are progressing daily.

Enjoy the pics below and when I get all of them on Flickr I will let you know.

My pictures are not as good as you would find here but I was next to the photographer when he snapped many of those pics.

I wonder why this guy was spectating though and not racing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet