Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Camping Part Deux

Well camping was spent up in the mountains north of Durango. These mountains are my first love and in turn my most favorite. This trip was filled with alot of hiking, offroading and taking in all the views that layed before us.

Up until the final night, it was just the typical capming excursion. That is until we had an uninvited guest show up. We were busy eating our dinner and enjoying the evening, when off in the background I heard a nearby camper calling his dog. Or so I thought...He said the name a few times and I payed no real attention to it. Then out of nowhere, He shouted, THERE'S A BEAR!!!! This of course got our attention, as we turned around and saw the bear about 10 yards behind us. It was just a small black bear but exciting none the less.

My camera was in my truck which was about another 10 yards in the other direction. So as I ran up to go get it, the bear scampered over a little hill and down into the next campsite. I ran up the road to it and managed to get these pictures just as he was walking through their campsite. It was exciting to see him and the way that he was overturning rocks looking for worms or grubs underneath them.

The camp hosts said that the bear has been coming down about once a week and they chase him off everytime. I just hope that all occurences with this guy end peacefully without either party being hurt or killed.
I know they are not the clearest of pictures but I think you can understand that I was very excited and the bear was moving as I took them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tonight:

Dinner and a bear! A campers take on friday movie night!