Sunday, January 14, 2007

Going Places!!

Honestly I have have not planned this outcome! Somehow, It has just continued to occur. I am happy that this year is no different! Here it goes.

This weekend (Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday) three years ago is when it all got started. I was living in Napoli, Italia(Naples, Italy) at the time and since it was a three day weekend for me, myself and a coworker decided to fly to Stockholm, Sweden for the weekend. We found some tickets out of Rome for an incredible roundtrip price of 50 Euro dollars. Europe has several "discount" airlines that often sell tickets at the price of the tax amount! 5-10 Euro dollar airline tickets are litterally impossible to beat! We flew on one of Ryan Air's 737's and we were lucky if there was 20 people on the flight. Stockholm is a wonderful city with lots to see. More than what I had the time for. I did happen to go to some wonderful museum's and various attractions. If you happen to ever make it up there a definite must see is the Vasa from the early 1600's. See more about it here. There was also the National Museum which has various works ranging over several centuries. It wouldn't be complete with out a trip to here. Stockholm is a wonderful city and I loved that they had this drink everywhere! We had a great time and luckily we got out of there no problem despite getting two feet of snow the night before we left.

Two years ago may not have been as exciting but it was a new and unvisited place for me. I traveled to the western Oregon town of Baker City. It is a small town but has alot to offer. Including some great places to eat and attractions. Barley Brown's being one of my favorite restaurants and you can't pass up Bella's for a great cup of coffee amongst other wonderful things from the U.S. and Europe. Some attractions are the Geiser Grand and of course you can't pass up the Oregon Trail which is just a click out of town. Last but not least is the annual bicycle race through out the county.

Last year I was living up in wonderful Washington and visited another new destination for myself. My friend Chris and I went skiing up at The Summit. It is really nice to be able to ski until 10 pm with the lights. That is if you have it in you. We skied until somewhere around 6 or 7 and then decided that we had had enough.

Although I did not go anywhere new this MLKJ weekend, I am heading out on a business trip tomorrow to once again a new place to me. I figure that it is close enough to the weekend that it I can count it as 4 years running as visiting somewhere new at this time of the year. I am looking forward to seeing somewhere new and always welcome travel. The funny thing about all the travels taken at this time of year were not purposely planned for this specific weekend but rather just happened that way. I am taking the camera and hope to share some great pics with you upon my return. Take care and will catch you again soon.

No comments: